dates are boring, eh? no, i’m not talking about having a date with some hot chick. what i am talking about is the linux command date. you type it on your console and then you get something like this – Sat Jul 21 03:41:11 CDT 2007.
so if you want a fancy date, use ddate. with ddate you get something like –
Today is Boomtime, the 56th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3173 – which is for today July 21, 2007.
ddate can take in parameters, just like most linux commands. for example, the following,
ddate 13 07 2007
will give you,
Prickle-Prickle, Confusion 48, 3173 YOLD
whatever that means. i’ve never really understood what ddate is trying to say. it is actually some other calendar called the Discordian.
there are more formatting options for ddate. just read the manual. you can easily get it with a quick googling, or using the man command.
- > Notes On Nagios Configurations October 15, 2013
- > ADSL connections on Kubuntu 9.04 October 27, 2009
- > games on my Linux box August 6, 2006
- > WOW: R.I.P. Lich King April 16, 2010
- > Playing With Google ChromeOS September 18, 2020