arping -s <IP> <GATEWAY-IP>
i am posting the above command so that i will have a reference of some sort in the future. this one is so straightforward that i tend to forget it all the time. then i’ll have to bug someone (yet and yet again) about this when memory fails. i know i can just read the manual, but i am too lazy to do that! hehehe 😛
the example above is just one way to use it. there are several other things you can do with arping. read the manual for more details.
- > getting the feel of a debian May 20, 2007
- > be careful what you wish for December 28, 2006
- > booting M$ Windoze from another physical drive August 1, 2006
- > How to make OpenOffice.org go faster May 12, 2009
- > WARNING: your Coffeemaker is infected! Quarantine? July 22, 2006