Rumor has it that Netflix Instant is coming soon to Linux!
A couple or so engineers from Netflix gave away the slip in one recent OS conference that was held last month in Portland, OR, USA. According to these engineers Netflix has some people working on a proprietary client made specifically for Linux systems and that it should be available within the next year.
I have no Netflix account. It does not work outside of the US. However, what good can this rumor bring to Linux users all around the world if ever it becomes true?
Nothing much really. For one, only Linux users in the US will truly benefit from it if ever the supposed project pushes on. But hey! Let us celebrate with our fellow Linux American users, yes? It is good for Linux as a whole to get some support like this, but I hope this one does not become something similar to Skype. We can just hope Netflix can count higher than 2.
- > Community Petition: Support for Deaf Gamers February 5, 2007
- > A New Skype Linux Client? It’s A Miracle! April 6, 2011
- > Run Pipelight On Firefox March 29, 2015
- > games on my Linux box August 6, 2006
- > updated Gnome main menu February 22, 2007