Where have I been the past week to not have heard the great news about Ubuntu One. In case you’ve been kept in the dark like me, the storage for your personal cloud has been bumped up from 2GB to 5GB. That is a good 150% increase in capacity.. . all for FREE!
Surprised! I didn’t even know about this until I clicked on the Ubuntu One app indicator this morning to check on the progress of an upload and noticed that the free space said 5.0 GiB. At first I thought it was a bug, but deep inside I was excited. I hurriedly opened the Ubuntu One control panel and it greeted me with the same thing. Logging on to my Ubuntu One account just to be ultimately sure that it was not some kind of fluke, it confirmed that the free storage has indeed been upgraded to 5.0 GB.
Don’t have it yet? All you need to do is sign up at the Ubuntu One website. The free plan gets you the basic services – files, contacts and notes/bookmarks sync. Fees only come in when you want more space such as the storage addon at $2.99/mo at 20GB increments. Music streaming is another addon at $3.99 and comes with a free 20GB of built-in storage.
Ubuntu One is available for Android, iPhone, iPad. Windows already has an Ubuntu One client although it is still in beta.
- > Save More Vertical Screen Space On Firefox July 22, 2011
- > laundry day September 24, 2008
- > PayPal Now An Option On Ubuntu Software Center December 17, 2011
- > What the default Gnome sound applet could have July 28, 2010
- > Eclipse Error: Workspace In Use Or Cannot Be Created, Choose A Different One December 19, 2013