This happened to me just recently as I was trying to connect to a remote Windows server using Remmina Remote Desktop Client. I was getting an error after entering the login details, so I could not login to the remote server. I have been using this tool for a long time and it has always connected successfully to all of our Windows servers. So what is different today? I don’t remember changing any of the settings for Remmina or on any of the Windows servers.
Searched the web and the following is one of the most common ways to fix the issue.
- Open this file with your favorite text editor – /home/USERNAME/.freerdp/known_hosts
- Then delete the line that starts with the IP (or perhaps the domain name) of the remote server where you are having an issue connecting.
- Save the file, then exit the editor.
- Reconnect to the said server on Remmina.
Note: Change USERNAME to the username you use on your Linux machine.
This fixed my issue immediately.
- > password-less ssh logins June 8, 2007
- > wanna go fishing? September 2, 2006
- > Not So Obvious Firefox How To’s August 6, 2011
- > How To Force Disconnect A Login Session That Is No Longer In Use October 15, 2013
- > Notes On Nagios Configurations October 15, 2013